Friday, November 3, 2017

WATERCOLOR TUTORIAL | AUTUMN LEAF


My favorite type of watercolor projects are the ones that look really complex and intricate, but are actually simple to paint, like this autumn leaf or my watercolor geode. I have a few frames above my desk that I like to display seasonal art work in, so an autumn leaf is the perfect thing to decorate with this season. Even if you have no painting skills at all you can paint a gorgeous leaf by following the steps below.


Step 1. Draw the outline of your leaf. I did this by looking at a leaf I found outside, but you could do it freehand or copy a leaf image from online.


Step 2. Fill the entire leaf with water to help the colors to blend smoothly. Then add random blotches of watercolor paint throughout the leaf. Make sure to blend the edges so the colors flow into each other.

Step 3. I like to add a few green splatters to make the leaf more interesting, but it is entirely up to you if you add them.

Be sure to check out my other art tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment