Friday, August 3, 2018

GUIDE TO SAN DIEGO | NORTH PARK


One of the first areas of San Diego I visited when I moved to California was North Park. There are a lot of great things to do in this area of the city, many of which are perfectly styled for a winning Instagram shot.


Things to See
Balboa Park is  a great fun place to explore and go inside any museums or exhibits that you are interested in. My favorite thing to do here is pack a picnic lunch and sit out on the grass. The Botanical Building is bursting with plants and a lily pond surrounded by flowers leads up to the building.

Welcome to San Diego Mural! This mural is an Instagram must for anyone visiting San Diego. Need I say more?

The San Diego Zoo is right next to Balboa Park and would be a great place to go, especially if you have little kids.


Places to Eat
Hammond's Gourmet Ice Cream has "flights of ice cream" which are 6 or 32 mini ice cream cones of various flavors. They are the perfect size for tasting a little bit of every flavor. My favorite flavor was the lemon cream, and the mint chip was a close second. Other favorites were Tahitian Vanilla (my moms) and Mango Sorbet (both my brothers).

Even though I haven't been yet to URBN Coal Fired Pizza & Bar, its definitely the next place I'm going to eat in North Park. Their modern interior and signature pizzas make it a perfect place to hang with friends.


Where to Shop
Pigment is like an Instagram photoshoot set. Outside is there famous pink color blocked wall and floating succulent wall. The inside has a whole wall full of succulents and cacti, and another wall full of funny and cute cards. In between is every pink and gold gift, party supply, stationary, or house item you could imagine. It's fair to say this is one of my favorite stores ever.

Aloha Beach Club has men's clothing perfect for the surfer dude.

Although I haven't been yet, Verbatim Books is on my list to visit. This used bookstore has an adorable exterior and a wide selection of books to choose from.

Have you ever been to North Park in San Diego? Where were some of your favorite places to go? Leave me a comment letting me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment