Friday, April 20, 2018

TERRAZZO NAIL ART


Terrazzo is making a major comeback in a colorful, confetti like form. What exactly is terrazzo? It's a flooring material made from chips of granite or marble set in concrete, and polished. The more recent uses of terrazzo aren't in flooring, but walls, counter tops, and even sinks. Inspired by the colorful resurgence of the mosaic material I created terrazzo nail art. Keep reading to find out how I did it.

Cut and file your nails, then paint with your base color. I chose this pale pink color. Then choose four other colors that match well with each other and the base color.


Use a toothpick or a nail tool to draw the shapes. I drew three shapes of each color on every nail. In the photo above I show the progression of adding the different colors starting at my pinky. The trick is to keep your shapes looking random.


Let the shapes dry then cover with your favorite top coat. I love this style nail art for spring and summer with its colorful confetti vibe. If you recreate these terrazzo nails, post a pic on Instagram and tag me @diyintheforest!

No comments:

Post a Comment