Friday, May 5, 2017

NAIL ART TUTORIAL | CACTUS


Happy Cinco de Mayo! I was thinking about what I could do for Cinco de Mayo that would still super cute for other days, and I immediately thought of cactus nails! Cactus themed things are all the rage right now (ice cream, earringsmacaroons, art prints, the list could go on forever) so I thought it would be fun to have mini cacti on my nails for the week.


Step 1. Clean any old polish off your nails, then cut and file them to your desired length and shape. Paint your nails with a clear base coat.
Step 2. I chose to leave my nails bare underneath, but you could paint them a color if you preferred. Use green nail polish to carefully paint an oval shape at the end of your nail.
Step 3. When the green cactus shapes are dry, use a toothpick and white nail polish to paint lines and some x's for spines.
Step 4. Use a bobby pin or dotting tool to paint a flower shape at the top of all the cacti. When all the paint is dry, cover your nails with your favorite clear top coat and let it dry completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment